Friday 7 October 2011

A last minute apology to Pat Condell before Yom Kippur

I have said some really nasty things about Pat Condell. You know, the British guy with the sometimes hilarious and always angry videos against just about anybody religious.




Years ago when I saw him ranting for the first time I thought, this guy dislikes just about everybody, some of whom are our enemies, I bet he doesn't like us much either. Well, I took a shufty at his website and even I was horrified at how right I was. And dangerously well informed about Israel too, given his way with words.



From that day on I resolved (bli neder I hope) to have nothing to do with the man, however much he said what I wanted to hear.



Today I thought that in the spirit of Yom Kippur I'd give him one last chance.



Wow.



The man may just have done tshuva.



Seems he is admitting that he was wrong about us and he has come out with a most unfunny (if still angry) video. Watch it at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1N1zhUm84w&feature=player_embedded.



I am not apologising for what I said about the man who was Pat Condell. But to Jews, repentance wipes out the man you were and creates a new man. And if in ignorance I may have continued to malign the new Pat Condell when I thought I was talking about the old Pat Condell, I deeply apologise. And if you know him, forward this message.



And if I have upset you, I apologise for that too.



Gmar hatima tova, Happy New Year and well over the Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment